Men have specific needs when it comes to drug and alcohol addiction treatment. That’s why The Oak Forest Recovery treatment facilities offer gender-specific programs that cater to the unique differences between men and women in addiction and recovery. Millions of people in the United States are suffering from some degree of alcohol use disorder (AUD). If your drinking has progressed beyond an occasional night out with friends, it might be time to find reliable help. Did you know that this could help you stop drinking and teach you how to avoid future relapses? You can recover your independence from alcohol and start rebuilding the pieces of your life that alcohol has destroyed.
Gender-specific programs are available to address a wide range of addictions, including alcohol, prescription drug, and illicit drug dependence. Our treatment programs also help men who are suffering from co-occurring conditions, including PTSD and other mental health disorders. Attending a men’s alcohol and drug rehab program can provide many benefits and allow men to focus on recovery in a distraction-free environment. Our programs provide customized treatment plans that meet the needs of each man who walks through our doors.
Why Should I Choose A Gender-Specific Rehab For Men?
Some men may be hesitant to enter an addiction treatment program due to the belief that it will make them weak. Many men are brought up with the conditioning that they should be able to fix their problems themselves rather than ask for help. However, deciding to enter treatment for a substance use disorder is one of the best and bravest decisions that can be made. Each man who enters a drug and alcohol rehab program has different needs. The gender-specific programs offered at Oak Forest Recovery treatment facilities work to address the specific needs that led a person to enter treatment. Unlike programs that are not male specific, our recovery programs cater to the unique requirements of men to get and stay sober.
Attending a men’s alcohol and drug rehab program can be beneficial for any male looking to overcome substance addiction. Whether this is your first time in treatment or you are attempting to get sober again after a relapse, our gender-specific programs offer individualized plans of recovery for men.
Benefits Of A Men’s Alcohol And Drug Rehab Program
Men face unique challenges in recovery. As fathers, caregivers, husbands, and professionals, men are often under a great deal of pressure to provide and show up for their loved ones. Effective treatment programs address the various emotions men face when getting sober and help them learn to cope with these emotions to promote long-term sobriety. In addition to addressing the unique emotions that men experience when getting sober, other benefits of a men’s addiction program include:
- a distraction-free environment where men can focus on recovering
- therapies that address specific male-related issues in recovery, including masculinity and sexuality
- the chance to form lasting relationships with other men in recovery
- a higher level of comfort that may be hard to experience in gender-mixed treatment programs
- better communication
- reduced feelings of judgment that can result in more comfortability discussing issues
Many men feel more comfortable in gender-specific programs. The more comfortable an individual feels in treatment, the more likely he is to stick with the program and take sobriety seriously.
Types Of Treatment Offered In Men’s Drug Addiction Treatment Programs
At Oak Forest Recovery, we go to great lengths to ensure we meet the needs of each patient. Our men’s addiction treatment programs offer various forms of therapy and other methods to provide a comprehensive approach to addiction recovery. Types of treatment that may be offered in our men’s alcohol and drug rehab programs include:
- Counseling – Specialized counseling is a large part of a successful treatment program. Counseling in a men’s program is catered to the unique issues men face, including domestic violence, anger management, and relationship counseling.
- Behavioral Therapy – Various types of behavioral therapy are often used in a men’s addiction treatment program. These types of therapy can include cognitive behavioral therapy, dialectical behavior therapy, and eye movement desensitization and reprocessing therapy (EMDR).
- Alternative Therapy – In addition to behavioral therapies, many treatment programs also offer alternative therapy options for men. These may include adventure therapy and physical exercise, both of which have shown to help men in recovery.
- Life Skills – Many treatment programs help men development healthy life skills that will promote a positive and productive life after treatment. Job skills classes and parenting classes may also be offered.
- Family Therapy – Many men who enter a rehab program have a family to support. Family therapy can help family members better understand their loved one’s substance use disorder and show the family how they can support their loved one in recovery.
Additionally, several of our addiction programs for men offer dual diagnosis treatment. Co-occurring disorders that are commonly seen in men include addiction and depression, anxiety, PTSD, and ADHD.
Finding Recovery at A Men’s Rehab Center That’s Right For You
A men’s addiction treatment program can help you reclaim your life and live confidently in sobriety. Oak Forest Recovery has high structured sober living homes, mental health clinics, and addiction treatment facilities in Agoura Hills, Westlake Village California, many of which offer gender-specific addiction programs. Each rehab center provides customized plans for recovery to meet the needs of each patient. To learn more about our men’s alcohol and drug rehab programs, contact Oak Forest Recovery specialist today at 1-888-597-6257 or submit the form below to learn more.
[contact-form-7 id=”2392″ title=”Free Consultation”]